Saturday, December 04, 2010

Calendar in the Making...

Today I'm working on my yearly calendar. Something I've realized today is that I haven't been taking as many photos as I should. Oh remember the days of having a newborn and taking 30 photos a day. Putting your baby in a different outfit and posing them on a different blanket to get a million pictures. And then uploading and/or e-mailing everyone of them to family and friends - so sure that everyone wanted to see all one million photos. "Oh look, here is Madison at 9:00 a.m. and now at 9:05 a.m. - can you believe at 9:06 a.m. she spit up - look at this photo." Well - now they are 4 1/2 and 7 years old so taking photos every second of their lives isn't nearly as exciting. And with the invention of the iPhone, I find that I don't carry my camera around anymore and mainly take photos that aren't suitable for uploading to a calendar to send to the family.

So - note to my family - if the photo isn't very clear, it's probably because it came from a smart phone and these girls don't sit still long enough to take a photo. Even if they do - they've realized the art of "posing" for a photo. It's no longer say cheese and get a sweet smile. It's more like - let me see how much I can try and look like a 16 year old on spring break in this photo.

No comments: