Friday, April 01, 2011

Madison's First Official Camping Trip

Madison had her first official camping trip last weekend. She went with her girl scout troop. I fretted and worried about this trip and spent weeks before the weekend making sure I had everything for her. And last minute, I find out that she needed one big thing - SWAPS!
 
SWAPS = Special Whatchamacallits Affectionately Pinned Somewhere.
 
OR
 
SWAPS = Sweat Worry Anxiety Panic Stress for the Moms
 
Madi's ended up pretty cute - campfire. I'm glad we made them because they were optional but everyone made them and they were able to swap them with their friends. All the girls in her troop made them and they all were adorable!
 
The girls had to leave at the a** crack of dawn Saturday morning and came back the next day. When I picked Madi up, she told me that she had a rough night. Her words were "Next time I go, I want to stay in a hotel. Not a fancy hotel, but just one with one room, concrete floor and sleeping bags so the animals and bugs can't get to us."  I like the idea of a fancy hotel.

No comments: