Saturday, March 26, 2011

Madi's First Camping Trip = Mommy's Tears

After a lot of stress and a lot of work, I finally got Madison packed and to her troop leader's house. I set both of our alarms for 6:00 a.m. I was up at 5:45 and started getting ready. At 5:59, I walked into Madi's room to see her sitting in bed telling me she has been up since 4:48. Haha. I guess she's excited. But too bad there is no nap time at Girl Scout Camp. I am terrified that I've forgotten something - something silly but meaningful; something all the other girls will have and she won't and she will be upset about. But here I am after 5 hours sleep, unable to sleep but unable to do anything about any possible lack of responsibility on my part. So, I've given up the idea of going back to bed and am sitting here uploading photos (from Christmas no less) and drinking coffee. It's funny looking at the group photo of these girls, I know all of their moms - and it's just like little versions of all of us. haha. It's heart-breaking and funny all at the same time. Well - I better log off and try to clean this mess of a kitchen that I left in the aftermath of me rushing to get Madi fed breakfast and her lunch bag packed. 

Love you! 

No comments: