So - it's been a while since I've been on here. I think a lot of my posts start that way. Haha. But not really that much to write about. We are just livin'. The girls are doing well. Madi is half way through her first year of Kindergarten and is doing so well with reading. I wasn't sure how well she would do honestly. She loves being read to but had no idea about her reading. The teacher gave us a list of "sight words" that they should know how to read and spell correctly. Besides those words, she should just learn to read and spell how ever the words sound. So - she writes these stories and the words started out all together and impossible to read. Now, there are spaces between the words and if you read them outloud - even though you might not recognize the spelling of the word, if you listen to yourself, you might understand what she's trying to write. But more and more, her stories are making sense and words are being spelled correctly. And to hear her read books - it's so crazy! It's not anything too terribly difficult but it's so amazing to watch her read. Just wathing her grow up right in front of me. And to see her with her friends. How they get together and talk about boys or just goofy stuff. It's so adorable. It really is terrifying too though. I don't know what to make of it all.
Emily is doing really well too. We just recently took away her pacifier as many of you know. She's doing really well. She asks for it every once in a while but it's just at times when she's accustomed to getting it. When she's tired or having a really hard day, she will whine for it. Emily is quite the character. One of my favorite things about this age is how they say phrases and they aren't quite right but you know what they mean. One of her things to say is "I don't think so." But what she means is she doesn't know. So, if I ask her a question that she doesn't know the answer to, she'll just say - I don't think so. Haha. Another thing she says is "very much" after everything. Like - I love you very much. Or I like this very much. Thank you very much. haha. So cute. And if she doesn't like something. She will say - I can't like dis. haha. And it's so cute because she draws it out in this monitone voice and you just can't help but hug her and kiss her.
I'm sure there is much more to write but it's taken me 3 nights to type this much. Haha. If I could just do this more often. I'm going to put some pictures up as well. :)
2 comments:
How cute your family is!!! I cant beleive Maddi is reading--she is getting so grown up. Little Em sounds so funny. She reminds me of P. She knows a few words but all I can get out of her is Meooowwww. hahah. Wish I could see you all more--sad:(
That is so funny about Emily and "I don't think so". Taegan does the exact same thing! I have tried to teach her "I don't know", but she is not much into changing her ways!
Post a Comment