Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 7 2009

I can't believe how quickly 2009 has already gone. It's almost Easter. Emily's birthday will be here before we know it! I can't believe she is going to be 3 YEARS OLD! That is truly insane.

Madison is almost done with Kindergarten. She has done so well this year. It's always hard watching your kids grow up too fast but I think Kindergarten is one of those milestones that just makes you CRINGE because this is the rest of their life. These are the building blocks for her future. And who she is now is who she will be at her core for many years and I have to try and load her up with all of the goodness and love and discipline that I can now because in about 8 more years, she will refuse to believe that I might have a clue for what I'm talking about. She will demand that she's right and she knows better and what could I possibly know. I remember these fights when I was that age and I DREAD IT! I've already had to ground her from TV. Especially Hannah Montana and Zack & Cody. She just gets such an attitude. I know it's not just from TV but I have to limit what I can! Plus - it's a good threat for her when she won't listen to me for me to say - hey - you want TV back - be good. Quit rolling your eyes at me.

Emily - my sweet precious little one. She is a monster. She has a total "I'm super happy" level and then "I will bite your head off and spit down your neck!" level. Much like Beau! :) She goes from everything is great to the world is coming to an end faster than you can blink your eyes. The pacifier is long forgotten. Well - that's not true. Every now and again - when she is really tired and she wants to go lay down, she will ask for it but it's kind of like a reaction that she's not sure why she had. But last night - when she got home, she was so tired and wanted to lay on the couch. And normally, this is when she would ask for it. She just asked for her blankie. So - that's great!

Potty training for E - UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREAM!

We get #1 down, she starts doing #2 in her panties. Finally we get her to tell us when she needs to go #2 - then she's peeing herself. So - we aren't done yet. But Madi was the same way - not exactly - but it took us a while to get her done. She was done by the time Emily was born so by Emily age now, she was finished. BUT you can't compare them. As long as she isn't wearing them to Pre-K, she can continue wearing diapers as long as she needs to. Just so frustrating. What's even crazier - is she will hold her pee all day long. But you will look over at her and she's all quiet and then she tells you - I go poo-pooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So gross!

Anyway - that's that. I think it would have been easier if I could stay home w/ her but who knows. Maybe it's just her. :)

So - Easter is on it's way. We have a few plans. The neighborhood is having an Easter Egg hunt. So we will do that. And then we will decorate eggs on Friday and do our own egg hunt on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful EASTER!!!

HUGS AND KISSES!

1 comment:

... said...

OK-- you are giving me total nightmares about P-training!! I decided to wait on Presley until after the baby is born. I am too big to be chasing her and I really dont have the energy-- lazy big fat prego mom (yes thats me:).

You already ground Madi-- hahah. That cracks me up! I still picture her so young.