Monday, May 18, 2009

Beau's Colon

So.... Beau had his colonoscopy on Monday. The worst part was Sunday because he had to take this medicine to clean out his system and no food all day so he was dying. He took the pills @ noon and then he had to wait until 6:00 p.m. to start drinking this drink. Anyway - talk about letting the wild rumpus begin! Woo! But the procedure was fine. He drove himself there so that I could let the kids sleep and then run them to school. By the time I got there, he was done and I just talked to the doctor. He showed me pictures. I was like - thanks! Saw more of my husband than I ever care to see again! :) But he had 3 polyps, a few small hemorhoids and you could see the divirticulitis. But he removed the polyps and they sent those off to get tested and we have to wait for 4 weeks to know what he finds out. Beau wanted to know before we went on our trip but he will probably have to wait until we get back. Anyway - Monday - we ate out 3 x's. Hhahaha. McDonalds for breakfast, Willie's for lunch and then Freebirds for dinner. We took Emily out there for dinner. The kids had never eaten there and they acted so crazy when we walked in. Emily kept throwing her hands in the air and going WOOO HOOOO FWEEEEEEBUDS! I have no idea. Hahahaha. So - that's how we celebrated Emily's b-day - her dad got a colonoscopy! :)

Before I had a chance to post this - Beau had his follow up visit. Everything was fine. The only problem was they found my shoe up his butt as a result from purchasing a motorcycle.

1 comment:

... said...

haha-- poor Beau-- I cant imagine getting one of those. I saw my mom inlaws photos after she had one-- guess its pretty similar-- hahaha.. So when do you guys leave on your trip? Its about Freakin time you are going on a REAL vaca:)