Monday, May 18, 2009

Emily's Birthday





Emily had her birthday party on Saturday, May 2nd. I can't believe my baby is 3 years old now. However, I was under the impression that 3 was better than 2. Maybe because when Madi was 2, I was pregnant w/ Emily so 2 for her was hell. But 3 seemed to be better. But maybe because when Madi was 3, I had a newborn that was colicky and demanded all my attention. So - I basically have no guide to go from. So, Emily is 3 and still not any less terrible than when she was 2.
Let's call it Exhibit A - after hearing her and her sister fight over the same toys for about half an hour, I decide I need a timeout. If you go by age - I should at least get a half hour right? Well, I hear this scream come from the living room - MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. It's Emily of course demanding I come back to the living room. I hide under my covers. I hear her come into my room and she just looks at me and laughs and says that I'm so silly. And she walks back out to go torture her sister some more.
Exhibit B - Madison LOVES to draw. It's something that she could do all day long. Emily - being 3 - is fully aware of how much a drawing that Madison has worked on for 30-45 minutes might mean to her. So - as does the little sister, Emily walks up to Madison's hardwork and decides to wad it up and throw it in the trash. Now - you have to know Madison. She's all drama. So - the bad thing is things are only going to get uglier. Next thing you know - colors are flying all over the place, papers are torn up and Emily is screaming that Madi "is being mad to her".
I just lay in my bed, under my covers and repeat over and over again - I'm going to Jamaica, I'm going to Jamaica.
But I digress - Emily - birthday - party - Jump It Up. All her friends came and I'm a sucky mom because I still haven't bought the thank you cards to send out. UGH! But she had a lovely time and Patricia made a BEAUTIFUL Jasmine cake for her. I had no idea how to cut into it but we figured it out. :)

1 comment:

... said...

OMG-- that cake is pretty cool! Em looks so grown up. You are a good little mommy, poor P doesn't have many friends here to invite to her birthdays-- hahah.