Thursday, June 04, 2009

Jamaica

We just got back from a wonderful vacation to Jamaica. It was so awesome. Really - that doesn't even describe it. I was seriously a nervous wreck weeks before we left. I don't suffer from panic attacks but it's like some form of anxiety where I just call them - mini panic attacks. And every night when I would go to bed in the days before we left, I would just have these mini panic attacks about something happening to the girls while we were gone and I wouldn't be able to be here in time to help them. So - I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself on this trip. But - I had enough people reassure me that as soon as the plane landed in Jamaica - my worries would be over. And the motto of the whole trip was - NO PROBLEM MON. So - I went straight to the bar and had a red stripe - that was luke warm - and decided not going to even worry about a thang - cuz every little thing's gonna be all right. I wish I had brought my Bob Marley CD w/ me. Even though - they played him everywhere we went. Of course, when they played - No Woman, No Cry - all I could think about was living w/ Brandi & Sandi and how we used to listen to that song over and over before we went out dancin'. :)

Anyway - the trip was A BLAST!!! We went for Dereck & Lisa's wedding and it was really beautiful. We met a bunch of their friends. Some people we already knew. The great thing about this group is that everyone is cool - and it doesn't matter who you sat across the table from - you knew you were going to have a good time.

The worst part about the trip was leaving. I really didn't want to come back but I did miss the girls. I couldn't imagine bringing them to Jamaica but I really thought about them every day.

I will add more to the post later but I wanted to go ahead and get some pictures up. So - hold please and let me gather some good ones and I'll post them. :)

1 comment:

... said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Hahah-- I would have been just like you-- getting stressed about leaving your girls. But I bet it was soooooo worth it. Ben and I are going to leave our girls when he graduates with my parents and take a HUGE vaca ALONE:)