Well, we survived Hurricane Rita. The storm hit us sometime in the middle of the night. The wind was a lot worse than the rain. I felt like I was back in West Texas but w/ big pine trees swaying all over the place. A little scary but thankfully, we never really lost power and we never lost water. We were really lucky because a lot of people did. The worst about losing power was that the temperature after the storm passed was 105 degrees. (Friday, the day the storm hit, it was in the low 80's - beautiful.) So, all of those w/ no a/c must have been miserable.
Too bad that all this hurricane mess came in premier week for good TV. We missed all of our shows - not to mention DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES which I was sick about. Thank goodness I got to see Lost or I would have been totally sick!
But, I guess we were really lucky. We debated leaving Houston but decided not to due to traffic. By Friday when the roads were clearing, it looked like the storm had taken a turn that would save us so we took a gamble and luckily it paid off. When we went out and about Sunday, there were tons of cars out on the side of the road that had run out of gas. Poor guys! I couldn't imagine.
We had a bunch of hurricane parties - pre-hurricane - Madi had the most fun running around the block w/ the kids that live down the street from us. She loves the lady that lives about 2 houses down. She has two little boys and they played. And there is another little girl that lives across the street, Chloe, she's 3 and Madi and Chloe run up and down our block 100 times. By the time I finally got Madi to leave, I got her fed and she wanted to eat some Cheetohs so I sat her on the couch w/ a cup full of cheetohs. We look over and she's asleep w/ her hand in the cup and a chip hanging out of her mouth. It was the funniest thing.
Anyway - that's it for now. Later!
3 comments:
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a stock trading course site/blog. Which lists many great products\services for stock trading course.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
All of these blog spammers must piss you off, huh? Glad to hear y'all made it throught the hurricane okay. I did watch Desperate Housewives so let me know if I can fill you in on anything!
Post a Comment