I feel that I've spent a lot of time talking about Madi lately and that I've left out Emily. Emily is doing really well. She's really trying to learn her ABC's. (I think Madi knew them by this point but I've slacked off quite a bit. I think that with the second child - you know they are going to learn it so you just don't worry about it as much.) We have been working on learning the colors. For a while, everything was Pink Rosa. She has Spanish lessons at her nursery school - I guess you can figure out which word she has picked up. It was that and ca-ca for a while. But she's doing great w/ her colors. She still gets a little confused on blue and purple, pink and red but otherwise, she has them down. She has a puzzle that teaches shapes. Everything is a square - except the square. The square is a triangle. We need to practice. She still uses her pacifier for bed time or if she just needs to chill in her room. She tries to run out of her room with it but doesn't usually get away with it. She'll try and talk you into it by falling on the floor and telling you she's SWEEEEEPY! I don't know when I should try and take it away. It was going to be after she was used to sleeping in her big girl bed. Now we are thinking we should wait until after Christmas. We are probably going to want that thing on the long drive to Lubbock. Plus - she usually goes to bed easier because of it. But lately, that's not really been the case. She hasn't really wanted to go to bed and she's been waking up before the sun is up. This morning, she slept in until 6:05. Yea! So, now I'm thinking - what's the point in keeping the pacifier. She doesn't even have it in her mouth when she's asleep. We told her we are going to take them all to baby Zoey after Christmas. Not sure how this is going to go over.
Emily is still in her terrible 2's but she's doing a lot better. You can reason with her somewhat. But she hates getting dressed in the morning. She only wants to wear her Dora shirt and nothing else. As soon as we get in the door in the evening, she strips down and wants to watch Max & Ruby. She loves that show. I keep thinking this phase will go away but nope - 5 months and counting - Max & Ruby is the one show we HAVE to watch - OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
I guess that's it for now - until next time. :)
xoxo
1 comment:
She sounds so funny:) Wish I was around more to see them. I keep thinking she is older then 2.
Post a Comment