Monday, November 03, 2008

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

To pee or not to pee

This is pretty much a parent's only blog. If you don't have kids or at least don't have kids under the age of 4, then you are not worrying about potty training anymore unless you have a new puppy and in that case, you are still in the club.

We are working on getting Emily potty trained. She's done okay so far. She pees and poops in her potty at home but at daycare, they really aren't working with her as much. I know it can't be easy - 8 kids running around, it's hard to keep putting them all on the potty and waiting for them to go 1 or 2. About the only way we got them to help with Madison was I just brought her in panties and told them no more diapers. But even then, I would walk in and she would be wearing a diaper. I guess she had used one of the daycare's. Very frustrating.

Potty training has to be one of the most frustrating things to do do. Haha. Sorry, I said do do. Anyway - I'm just never sure if I'm going about it the right way. So far, Emily has been 100% easier than Madi. Madi fought me every step of the way. Emily is so worried about being in a pee or poop diaper, than she would rather just bite the bullet and go in the potty.

On another note, Emi is now in a big girl bed. We went to the store and got her the full bed and put the rail on. She really loves it. So far - she's better about being in a bed than Madi. Why do I always think Madi is the easier child??? Maybe it's because she's almost 5 and Emi is stuck right in the terrible 2's. Madi would get out of her bed a thousand times a night. However, we DID take Madi's pacifier away before moving her into a big bed so I think that had a lot to do with it. With Emily - we changed our strategy and went with letting her keep her pacifier until she was good about going to bed. She's been in her bed for about a week and a half and she's doing really well. I think she's just so happy to have the space.

Madi is in Lubbock still. I'm going to pick her up when I drive in for my mom's wedding - which is a whole other blog. I'll let you know how that goes when I get back. :)

Well - I guess that's enough for tonight. Just thought I would share my potty training stories with you. I'm sure I'll have a thousand more. I know you will want to read them. (Joking!)

Take care!

1 comment:

... said...

Ok, so did you have another blog somewhere? Because I could have sworn I checked this like 2 weeks ago and it was still in 2007??? And now you have me scared to think about PTraining. I know I have another year but, gag!! I will have a new baby too!