Monday, November 03, 2008

Tuesday, August 26, 2008




Madi’s first day of school 

Well - we are 2 days into having a child that is in Kindergarten. I can't believe it! Not to mention that she hasn't even turned 5 yet. Her birthday isn't until Thursday the 28th - it seems like so much is happening so quickly. I was looking at pictures of her from her 2nd birthday and I just wonder where that little baby girl with those big chubby cheeks went. Now she has grown into this beautiful little girl that remembers her own school lunch number all by herself without needing to use the little note that I tucked into her front pocket. I didn't think I would feel such a difference between her starting Kindergarten and her being in Pre-K but it really isn't the same at all. At Pre-K, I could call all day long and they would put her on the phone to let me talk to her. If she forgot something, I could easily bring it the next day or they would just let her use one of theirs. But Kindergarten, she really is more on her own and it freaks me out. My stomach has been in knots for the past couple of weeks leading up to her starting school. And even now, I'm not sure I really feel relaxed enough to breathe. One thing is for sure though, when she gets home, she just wants to eat and go to bed. She is so worn out. She's so hard to get information out of too. If I ask her questions directly, she will avoid answering. But if I sit next to her to watch TV, she'll just start gabbing away about the friends she has made and what they did in class that day. I'm hoping as this week goes by, that I start feeling a little better about everything. I am sure I will. I don't really have a choice. She is growing up even if I don't want her to. 

Speaking of growing up, little E is doing so great at getting potty trained. Monday, I sent her to daycare in big girl panties and she stayed dry all day. That is until she got home and peed all on the living room floor. Today, she stayed dry at school and she did really well after we got home. She stayed dry until bedtime. She is still wearing a diaper during naps and bedtime but maybe in the next couple of months, that will be over too. I'm not in a rush with her as much as I was with Madi. But I think she is demanding a little bit of that from me lately. I think she really wants to be more independent so maybe I should just start letting her do more things on her own. Maybe I know from past experience that letting them do more things on their own means replacing DVD players and picking up broken pieces of whatever. But that's part of it. Such is life. Nothing in the world makes you realize how quickly life passes as having a child. At least not for me.  

Well - that's probably enough out of me for the night. Take care. 

1 comment:

... said...

Girl, I am soooo glad you are updating now!!! Your girls are sooo cute. It seems like yesterday when you had maddi and now she is in school! It seems soo strange. I keep laughing about Em peeing on the living room floor. hahahah:)