Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving & Putting Up The Tree...


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We really enjoyed our holiday. It was so wonderful to have time off of work and to just hang out with each other. We spent Thanksgiving with our neighbors - the Araizas. Christina made a great turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and great green bean wraps. So yummy. I made a pumpkin pie and a cherry o' cream pie and green bean casserole. Everything was so delicious. I just wanted to eat and eat but couldn't hardly stand myself I was so full. The girls had a great time getting to eat and play with their friends all day. Emily didn't get a nap so by the time 4:00 p.m. came, she was beat down. At one point, she sat down and just put her head on the ground and cried. Haha. But a bowl of ice cream later, she got her second wind. 











Christina talked me into getting up at 4:00 a.m. the next morning for Black Friday to do some shopping. We got up and went to Wal-Mart. Whew - those people were NOT messin' around there. They actually had great deals but while everyone was in line for those, I threw as many toys as I could in my basket for the kids. I sorted it out later. We were only there for about 2 hours which I guess is really good. Considering the line to check out was insane. 

We didn't do too much the rest of the day because I was so exhausted. But that night, Beau got all the Christmas tree stuff out for me and Emily and I decorated. Madi went over to her friend Ava's house to hang out so she got to miss out on that fun. Emily decorated only one section of the tree. She had about 4 ornaments on one branch. But she did a great job. Emily is really excited about Christmas. Of course Madi is too but she really wants there to be snow. We can cross our fingers and hope for it in Lubbock but who knows. :) Anyway - that's about it. Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving as well. 

1 comment:

... said...

Girl, I can't beleive you went to Walmart on black Friday. Are you nuts!! hahah. Ben went here and a pregnant lady got trampled on the way in- not kidding! People are crazy. Your Thanksgiving looks fun and I love your tree. Tell Em she did a fab job on her branch:)